Improving Teacher Programme
Designed by OLEVI and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers, the highly effective and motivating Improving Teacher Programme gives teachers, who want to improve their practice, a set of skills and strategies to reach the next teaching level. Utilised in the London and City Challenge Projects and endorsed by the National College, the ITP has gained a national reputation for raising standards in teaching and learning.
To enable teachers to:
- provide their students with the best possible learning experience
- improve standards in their classrooms and schools
- increase their job satisfaction and quality of experience
- work more effectively as active members of their school team
A key part of the OLEVI Teaching and Learning Portfolio of school-to-school support, which is helping to increase capacity and drive up standards in schools, the programme helps teachers deliver consistent high-quality lessons that have a positive measurable impact on student performance.
The Improving Teacher Programme:
- provides improving teachers with in-depth coaching, tailored to a self-assessment of their teaching. It provides opportunities to deepen their understanding of high-quality classroom practice and teaching and learning. Participants improve their teaching through facilitated practice, observation of colleagues and working with ‘live’ students
- supports a wider range of teaching activities, including: planning lessons, starter activities, plenary sessions, questioning techniques, engaging in learning, challenging learning, assessment and differentiation strategies
- supports the aims and implementation of school improvement plans and other national agendas
- forms part of the professional development provision or entitlement for staff development within the school’s improvement plan
- builds confidence of staff to become used to class observations and adopt a positive “can do” attitude.
This programme is open to all teachers who want to improve their teaching practice and want to learn how to teach and facilitate consistently good lessons matching theory with application.