Below are a list of our commonly asked questions. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.
For Primary you need English, Maths and Science at GCSE or equivalent grade C or above and an undergraduate degree of a 2:2 or above. For Secondary you do not need Science.
Th training commences in September with the start of the school year and finishes at the end of June for non salaried students and at the end of the summer term for salaried students.
You need to pass the Teacher skills tests and pass all qualifications prior to commencing the course in September. We do recommend that you practice for the skills tests (there are online apps to help with this) and it is best to book them as soon as you can as slots get very busy towards the summer.
You will need considerable classroom experience for a salaried place with us. The expectation for whole class teaching time is much higher on these applicants from the outset in September.
With School Direct you will get to spend more time in school and know which schools you will be placed in. You will have a real idea of what a whole year looks like prior to starting as an Newly Qualified Teacher the next September. Employers are aware that applicants who train via School Direct have this.
You will be known within the partnership of schools. If candidates do not gain employment in their own school then they are often employed elsewhere within the partnership.
- A long established ITT provider with excellent results
- Bespoke training to meet individual needs
- A diverse age range of candidates on the course
- Ongoing training through our NQT and RQT programme, building on our School Direct training
- Access to lots of different schools within the partnership with facilitated learning walks and an opportunity to talk with senior teachers and leaders
- Part of a large training group (especially Primary)
- Very close links with Winchester University
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (level 7) awarded on successful completion
- Placements in contrasting schools
- A team of people behind you, who really want you to succeed with your training