Getting to Grips with Grammar: 1st March 2019 – £50
With the ever increasing emphasis on teaching Grammar, this half a day’s training offers a wealth of comprehensive ways to deliver a fun, meaningful, effective and integrated Grammar curriculum. This is a popular course with follow up advice and support included.
This course aims to:
- Explore how to teach grammar effectively through quality texts
- Build a bank of fun ideas and activities for teaching grammar and developing vocabulary
It will cover:
- A little bit of history (and why many of us were never taught grammar!)
- Current views on the teaching of grammar
- How grammar improves the quality of writing
- The grammar teaching sequence
- How to engage children early in Key Stage 1
- The importance of vocabulary development
- A wealth of practical ideas to take away and try
This training is aimed at Class Teachers for Year 2 and Key Stage 2, NQTs, Teaching Assistants or English Subject Leaders looking for new and fun ways to deliver the Grammar Curriculum.
Lorraine is a practising teacher designated as a Specialist Leader in Education and Lead Practitioner at Halterworth Primary . She regularly provides CPD and school to school support for Hampshire & IoW schools her specialist field is English and high quality teaching and learning.
How to Book:
All of our courses/workshops can either be signed up to on an individual basis or we can deliver them to you, as part of your school INSET. Please contact us to discuss options.
email email@example.com or phone 01794 512028