School Experience Days
We are able to offer School Experience Days across our Partnership of schools and across all Key Stages. Please contact us either via the form or by telephone to arrange a time that is convenient.
Our Partnership Schools are committed to supporting School Experience days and will provide opportunities for you to talk with existing students and find out about what life is like as a School Direct trainee.
If you attend a School experience day you will:
- Have the opportunity to spend time in a classroom environment
- Talk with a lead School Direct mentor about School Direct Initial Teacher Training within our partnership
- Talk to teachers about what it is like to be a teacher
- Talk with children about their experiences as learners
- Talk with current Students
- Have the opportunity to spend more time in school (subject to availability)
School Experience days are a fantastic way to get a feel for a school and to decide if teaching is the job for you. They link well with attending one of our Open Mornings or Information Evenings.
If you would like to find out more then please do not hesitate to contact us.
“Attending a School Experience gave me a real flavour of what teaching is about. I was struck by the variety of roles the teacher took on during the day and by the relationships that they fostered with children. I was fortunate to have experience of different ages groups and surprised myself by preferring the age that I thought would be my least favourite! I found being in the classroom much more tiring than I thought it was going to be as I was aware of being a role model at all times. I have asked to come back to do some more experience and hope to apply to start next year. Schools have certainly moved on from how I remember my time at school! In my next visit, I would like to talk more to teachers about the variety of tasks involved within their role.”